Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day 02 – Your least favorite song

I try not to have least favorite songs, unless their lyrics are horrible enough to be actually painful. But I do have an irrational distaste for California Gurls by Katy Perry. I honestly don't know why. The lyrics are not necessarily worse than other Katy Perry songs, but most of her other songs are catchy and tuneful on the first few listens at least. Take Teenage Dream and Last Friday Night, for example. Perfectly decent pop songs. Even Firework had a good intro (don't get me started on the chorus though). And the songs from before she was famous! Simple, from 2005, is one of my top ten most-played songs ever (holy crap, she looks so different in that video). Something about California Gurls, though, makes me want to run away screaming or puke. From the first (maybe second) time I heard it.

I've never watched this music video before. It makes me both really hungry and rather creeped out. Also, I see absolutely no correlation between the song and the video, besides the fact that Katy Perry is a female from the state of California. And she says "popsicle" and is in a candyland. FURTHERMORE, why do they have her sing "daisy dukes, bikinis on top" whilst having a shot that shows she's obviously naked?

No comments:

Post a Comment