Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Coldplay in Madrid

This concert was freaking amazing. And I know I say that a lot, but for this concert I mean it. I had behind-the-stage seating, but it definitely wasn't worse in all aspects. It wasn't exactly mosh pit, but we got to see the band first, before they went onstage. Also, the a lot of the stage effects looked really cool from the back - probably better than if I was in the front. I got there early, so I had a seat pretty close to the stage. Sometimes Chris Martin or Jonny Buckland would come around to the back and we would get a faceful of Chris or Jonny. (Hi there!)

The venue: Plaza de Toros de las Ventas.

Snazzy light-up wristbands

Yellow. Of course.

Jonny and Chris. Bromance :)

Jonny and Guy (I think?) doing what they do best: rocking out.

Chris Martin in a confetti storm. They were butterfly confetti, if you were wondering. I wanted to grab one as a souvenir, but I couldn't isolate one.

More GPOChrisandJonny. (This is all during In My Place.)

The stage.

Will, Guy, Jonny, Chris. I forget what song it was, but it was good. Like all the others. (With the possible exception of Every Teardrop) I think it was Til Kingdom Come. Up In Flames had this same layout, except Chris was on piano.

Also, I did not know that it was possible to set off fireworks in the rain. I guess you learn something new every day.

Set list:
Mylo Xyloto
Hurts Like Heaven
Yellow
In My Place
Major Minus
Lost
The Scientist
Violet Hill
God Put A Smile Upon Your Face
Paradise
Up In Flames
Til Kingdom Come
Politik
Viva La Vida
Charlie Brown
Life Is For Living

Encores:
Clocks
Fix You
Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

No comments:

Post a Comment